Unit1. Can you play the guitar？
1. —Can you_________ Chinese?
—No. But I can _________ stories.
A. speak; tell B. speak; talk C. say; tell D. talk; say
2. —What can he do?
A. He wants to be in our school art festival
B. He can sing and dance
C. He likes football very much
D. He is an actor
3. Susan’s brother can play the drums _____ he can’t play it ________.
A. and; good B. and; well C. but; good D. but; well
4. —_________ can he do?
—He can_________ Chinese kung fu.
A. How; play B. What; do
C. Where; see D. What; make
5. My sister can play ________ violin, but she can’t play ________ soccer.
A. the; the B. /; the C. the; / D. /; /
6. My mother is a nurse(护士)and is good _______ kids.
A. in B. for C. at D. with
7. Sam can sing English songs _________, but I can’t.
A. a lot B. very good C. very well D. very much
8. —What time does he ____ basketball?
—At 8 o’clock.
A. plays B. playing C. play D. can play
9. I can’t ________ the violin. Where is it?
A. play B. find C. look D. have
10. She wants to_____ a Beijing Opera artist.
A. be B. is C. are D. /
1-5 ABDBC 6-10 DCCBA
Unit 2 What time do you go to school？
1. Please tell me something _______ your new teacher.
A. in B. for C. about D. on
2. It’s time ______ class.
A. to B. for C. of D. with
3. —Do you know the______?
—Yes, it’s 10:30.
A. age B. time C. number D. address
4. What do you usually do ______ Sunday morning?
A. to B. at C. on D. in
5. It’s ten o’clock in the evening. Let’s____________.
A. go to school B. get up
C. have lunch D. go to bed
6. The little boy __________ every morning.
A. brushes his tooth B. brushes his teeth
C. brush his tooth D. brush his teeth
7. — ___________ John often __________ school?
—No, he isn’t.
A. Does; late for B. Is; late to
C. Is; late for D. Does; late to
8. I gave her _____ address and she gave me ______.
A. my; her B. my; hers
C. mine; her D. mine; hers
9. She’s _____________ girl.
A. an fifteen-years-old B. a fifteen-year-old
C. a fifteen-years-old D. an fifteen-year-old
10. My father doesn’t like milk. My mother doesn’t like milk, _______.
A. too B. also C. or D. either
1-5 CBBCD 6-10 BCBBD
Unit3. How do you get to school？
1. I think they can ________ there. It’s a little far.
A. by bus B. take a bus C. on foot C. walk
2. It usually takes my mother an hour __________ dinner.
A. to cook B. cooks C. cooking D. cook
3. —__________ is it from your home to the shopping center?
A.How long B.How many C.How far D.How much
4. I want to __________ to Beijing.
A. on a train B. take a train C. by train D. take train
5. —_______ do you go to work?
—I take a bus.
A. When B. Where C. How D. What time
6. My sister’s home is _______ from here.
A. half an hour away on foot
B. three kilometer away
C.10 minutes’ walk
D. two hours
7. The accident(事故) happened ____7:00 pm ____ 9:00pm.
A. from; to B. between; to C. from; and D. between; and
8. Beijing is far_____ Shanghai.
A. for B. to C. from D. at
9. —______ does it take to walk there?
—About ten minutes.
A. How long B. How far C. How often D. How soon
10. —When do you usually get up , Mary?
—_____ 6:30 in the morning.
A. In B.On C. With D. At
1-5 BACBC 6-10 CDCAD
Unit4. Don’t eat in class.
1. Please __________ late for the meeting.
A. isn’t B. aren’t C. don’t be D. not be
2. Tim can’t watch TV ________ school nights.
A. on B. at C. for D. in
3.—I would like some bread and a cup of coffee.
—________ do you want?
A. What other B. What others
C. What else D. What the other
4. Don’t forget________ me this evening.
A. to call B. call C. calls D. calling
5. Linda ________school at 7:30 in the morning.
A. gets B. arrives C. gets to D. arrives to
6. ________wet umbrellas.
A. No B. Not C. Don’t D. Aren’t
7. Don’t be ______, please. The baby is sleeping.
A. noise B. quiet C. noisy D. dirty
8. It’s not good to arrive late _________ school.
A. to B. for C. with D. of
9. —_______ your friend like?
—He’s smart and a little shy.
A. What does B. What is C. What are D. How does
10. Students have to wear _________ on school days.
A. glasses B. school uniforms C. watches D. earrings
1-5 CACAC 6-10 ACBBB
Unit5. Why do you like pandas？
1. I like this storybook because it’s very ________.
A. cute B. interesting C. smart D. friendly
2. — ______ do you like penguins ?
—Because _______ are very interesting.
A. Why; you B. What ; they C. What; you D. Why; they
3. She is very ____to me . We are ______.
A. friend; friend B. friendly; friend
C. friend; friendly D. friendly; friends
4. —Where is he ___________?
A. for B. from C. like D. to
5. Pandas are very _____ and ______. We all like them.
A. friendly, ugly B. cute, scary
C. dangerous, beautiful D. shy, smart
6. —What do the pandas like eating best?
—They only like eating ______.
A. meat B. bananas C. nuts D. bamboos
7. That little animal is very _____. Please don’t talk here.
A. shy B. friendly C. cute D. ugly
8. Mr. Li is kind _____ us. But sometimes he is kind ______ serious(严肃).
A. to; of B. with; to C. of; to D. of; of
9. My mother often tells me not to play ______ bad boys.
A. on B. in C. with D. at
10. She is a doctor. Her mother is a doctor,________.
A. too B. also C. either D. and
1-5 BDDBD 6-10 DAACA
Unit6. I’m watching TV.
—Yes, she is.
A. What is Mary doing?
B. Does Mary go to school by bus?
C. Is Mary reading or talking?
D. Is Mary talking on the phone?
2. Jimmy likes ______ soccer. Look! He is ______ soccer.
A. playing; playing B. play; play
C. plays; plays D. playing; plays
3. Now I’m at the ______. I’d like to buy a dress for my daughter.
A. library B. park C. pool D. supermarket
4. —What ______ things do you want?
—Some eggs, please.
A. other B. the other C. another D. others
5. —What’s Rose doing?
A. She likes reading
B. She is a doctor
C. She is eating dinner
D. She does housework after school
6. The boy isn’t ___ the teacher.
A. listen B. listening C. listenning to D. listening to
7. Listen! She __ _ in the classroom.
A. sing B. sings C. singing D. is singing
8. My parents often ___ TV in the evening.
A. watch B. see C. watching D. look at
9. Let’s go and ___ the ball.
A. finding B. is finding C. find D. finds
10. We______ any Chinese classes on Thursdays. And we______ an English class now.
A. aren’t having; are having
B. don’t have; have
C. don’t have; are having
D. aren’t having; don’t have
1-5 DADAC 6-10 DDACC
Unit7. It’s raining.
1. It’s too _____ outside, you must put on your coat.
A. hot B. cool C. cold D. warm
2.—________ you ______ the window?
—Yes, I am.
A. Do; clean B. Is; cleaning
C. Do; cleaning D. Are; cleaning
3. —How is it ________?
—It’s not bad.
A. go B. going C. goes D. is
4. Tom and his English teacher _______ over there.
A. talks B. are talking C. is talk D.be talking
5. I am playing __________ basketball at school.
A. the B. a C. / D. this
6. —You’re in a hurry. Where are you going?
—To the cinema. Sue ______ for me outside.
A. waits B. waited C. is waiting D. was waiting
7. —“Which would you like to drink, coffee or orange juice?”
—“______. Please give me a cup of tea.”
A. Neither B. Both C. All D. None
8. My parents often __ _ TV in the evening.
A. watch B. see C. watching D. look at
9. —What is he doing now?
A. He likes swimming.
B. He is watching TV.
C. No, He doesn’t like doing that.
D. He went fishing.
10. —What does your sister usually do in the evening?
—She usually______ TV, but now she _____ a book. .
A. watch; read B. watches; is reading
C. is watching; sees D. watches; is seeing
1-5 CDBBC 6-10 CAABB
Unit8. Is there a post office near here?
1. ________. Where is the park, please?
A. Hello B. Excuse me C. Sorry D. Hi
2.—Is there a post office on Fifth Avenue?
A. here is B. they are C. it is D. there is
3. — ________ is the hospital?
—It’s next to the post office.
A. When B. Who C. Where D. Why
4. Welcome ________ my birthday party.
A. at B. in C. to D. /
5. —There ________a football match on TV tonight. I can’t wait to watch it.
—Me, too. It’s ____ Guangzhou Evergrande and the Australian team Melbourne Victory.
A. will be; between B. will be; both
C. will have; between D. will have; both
6. —What’s on the desk?
—There ______ a pen, a book and two keys.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
7. I think Kunming is a good place____. Do you think so?
A. visiting B. visits C. to visit D. visit
8. Mary likes drinking milk______ honey every morning.
A. and B. with C. in D. has
9. — Excuse me. Could you tell me the way _______ the nearest supermarket?
— Go down the street and turn left. Then you’ll see it.
A. to B. of C. in D. at
10. —Is there a pay phone ______ the neighborhood?
—Yes, it’s______ Center Street______ the right.
A. in; down; on B. on; on; is
C. in; on; is D. on; down; on
1-5 BDCCA 6-10 ACBAA
Unit9. What does he look like?
1. The girl_______ thin, so she is not heavy.
A. is B. has C. are D. have
2. —What does your aunt_______?
—She is of medium build with long straight hair.
A. look like B. looks like C. like D. likes
3. The students stop_______ and listen to the teacher carefully.
A. saying B. to say C. to talk D. talking
4. Jenny ____ her mother, and her mother ___ very young.
A. looks like; looks like B. looks like; looks
C. looks; looks like D. looks; looks
5. Miss ______ has curly ______ hair.
A. Brown; brown B. Brown; Brown
C. brown; brown D. brown; Brown
6. — John looks very ________, do you think so?
— Yes. He needs to eat more food.
A. tall B. heavy C. fat D. thin
7. — What is your cat like?
— It is ________ lazy.
A. kinds of B. a little C. a kind of D. a little of
8. — Is your mother tall or short?
A. She’s 35. B. She’s tall.
C. She’s a teacher. D. She likes red and blue.
9. The woman _________ long hair is our math teacher.
A. in B. with C. on D. of
10. I often write e-mails to my pen pals , but ____ writes me back.
A. everybody B. somebody C. anybody D. nobody
1-5 AADBA 6-10 DBBBD
Unit10. I’d like some noodles.
1. Do you like noodles ______ chicken?
A. with B. of C. in D. to
2. —What’s your favorite fruit, Tom?
A. Green tea B. Onions C. Soup D. Apples
3. —What kind of noodles would you like?
A. A large bowl B. A medium bowl
C. Beef noodles D. Yes, please
4. We like coffee_____ milk and sugar in it.
A. has B. with C. of D. for
5. —Would you like some bread?
A. No, I wouldn’t B. That’s all right
C. Yes, please D. Yes, I would
—I’d like beef noodles.
A. What do you like B. What would you like
C. What do you look like D. What are you like
7. —Let’s do something at the party. What about _____?
—No, I’d like _______.
A. to sing; to dance B. to sing; dancing
C. singing; to dance D. singing; dance
8. —Would you like to help us?
A. I would B. I do C. I’d like D. I’d like to
9. Please give________ a bowl of ________.
A. him; porridges B. she; porridge
C. her; porridges D. me; porridge
10. He likes English ________ it’s fun.
A. when B. why C. because D. where
1-5 ADCBC 6-10 BCDDC
Unit11. How was your school trip?
1. —These old farmers have been to London.
—Really? When _____there ?
A. do they go B. are they going
C. will they go D. did they go
2. He put his book down and ______ me pick up my pen.
A. help B. helped C. helps D. helping
3. —What can we learn on the farm?
—You can learn _________ horses.
A. in B. about C. with D. at
4. Don’t worry about _________. She can get dressed by herself.
A. she B. her C. he D. him
5. —I _______ this morning, so I missed the NBA game on TV.
—It’s a pity. It’s really _______ .
A. got up early; interested B. had breakfast; boring
C. slept late; exciting D. stayed at home; terrible
6. —Everyone must keep _____ in the library.
A. dark B. happy C. quiet D. noisy
7. —Why can’t you buy that bike?
—Because it is ________. I don’t have enough money.
A. cheap B. beautiful C. lucky D. expensive
8. I ______ carefully, but I can’t ______ anything.
A. listened; heared B. heared; listened
C. listened; hear D. heard; heard
9. If you are ________ music, you can join the music club.
A. interested in B. afraid of
C. busy with D. good for
10. —What did you do on the farm ?
—We _______ a cow and _______ chickens.
A. milked; feed B. milked; fed
C. fed; milked D. feed; milk
1-5 DBBBC 6-10 CDCAB
Unit12. What did you do last weekend?
1. ____ the evening of May 31, the 2002 FIFA World Cup started in South Korea.
A. On B. At C. Of D. In
2. There ____ some interesting news in yesterday’s newspaper.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
3. Sorry, Mr. Wu. I ________ my homework yesterday.
A. forget doing B. forget to do
C. forgot doing D. forgot to do
4. My father often _____ us stories under the moon when we were young.
A. tell B. told C. say D. said
5. The old song made me ______.
A. smile B. to smile C. smiling D. smiled
6. —Where did you go on Mid-autumn Day?
—I wasn’t out. I just ______ at home.
A. stayed B. was C. stay D. am
7. It is very difficult for a 7-year-old boy______ all the housework.
A. do B. does C. to do D. doing
8. Ann often shouts______ us and she is not friendly to us.
A. to B. with C. for D. at
9. ______ there lots of______ on the hill?
A. Is; sheep B. Is; sheeps C. Are; sheeps D. Are; sheep
10. That is why you often feel______.
A. tire B. tired C. tiring D. tires
1-5 ACDBA 6-10 ACDDB